Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Good Day

Today, I got up early and took care of some loose ends and then went to the hospital for my final round of visits.  I met with my surgeon and paid all the rest of my bills.  I felt so grown up handling all the paper work myself and taking care of myself.  Now that I’ve done this whole process in French as well as figured out how to get around both Grenoble and Milan, I feel as if I could handle almost anything thrown at me in the US. 

It is such a beautiful day.  The mountains are still there gorgeous and visible from wherever I stand and there isn’t a sky in the cloud.  It’s starting to finally get cold here.  I can almost feel ski season approaching, which makes me so incredibly happy.  As I walked to and from my appointment I couldn’t help but just think about how lucky I was to be able to walk to my appointment and be physically and mentally able to take care of myself.  Other good news, the surgeon said I can exercise whenever I feel up to it.  I’m going to try a slow jog tomorrow.  I’m so excited!  I’ve really missed using exercise as a way to clear my head. 

striking every day
Another exciting highlight is that I got into Boston Urban Teaching Fellowship!  I applied for the program this past October, excited because urban education is what I am thinking of following for a career path.  This is the perfect opportunity to make sure this is what I really want to pursue, get some hands on experience in urban classrooms, and get some connections.  I’m a little bummed because I misread the times and didn’t realize that I would have to miss the first two Eastern Cups for skiing, but c’est la vie.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!  

No comments:

Post a Comment