Sunday, November 20, 2011

Vizelle & Picnic

I woke up early on Saturday morning to study a little more and finish my second mid-term.  One more left until I was caught up!  Molly, Emma, Nicole, Nani and I met up to take the bus to Vizelle in the afternoon.  There was a beautiful chateau that had exhibits on the Revolution inside as well as the most beautiful grounds to wander.  As Nani kept saying, it was just like a scene from Pride and Predjudice.  I could’ve stayed outside all day reading on that lawn.

Going inside the museum was the most wonderful experience.  I love history because it’s just like reading stories.  Studying about the revolution and reigns of Louis VIV and Napoléon is so fun!  Unfortunately, I don’t have a very good base in history.  In fact I hadn’t even studied European history at all before France.  This was the first museum where I knew the material presented very well.  It made me appreciate and understand the exhibits much more.  It was the best feeling!

We ended the trip with a quick trip to the bakery and then sprinted off to catch the bus.  Nicole, Drew, Declan, and I went out for Indian in the Rolles (our nickname for Echirolles) and then called it a night.   

The next day Emma, Nicole, Declan, and I went for a hike behind my house.  My second day of exercise in a row!  It was wonderful to be active again.  The picnic was so classic France – consisting of cheese, baguettes, and nutella.  YUM.  We found this beautiful field to eat in and had a feast and a small nap.  Then, we had a homework party until dinner time.  It was a solid weekend – restful, productive, and fun to take advantage of the local sites.

reindeer

Pride & Prejudice.  Pretty much

Reign of Terreur



so French

beautiful view of Echirolles

No comments:

Post a Comment