Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Last Day of Hospitalization

The last day at the hospital has been a little overwhelming.  People keep coming in with paperwork for me to look at and sign and understand.  I can get the gist of it, but there is just so much medical vocabulary that I don’t know!  Since the rest of my program is in Bourgogne for the weekend I am all alone again L  This is the first day Micheline cannot visit me.  So unfortunate. 

I just asked a nurse a bunch of questions – hoping to hit upon all the information.  I have such a hard time with questions.  I know all the basic starting words (like how, why, when, what) and the words I want to put in the question, but the order and the little prepositions in between just kill me.  Luckily our conversation went pretty well.  Apparently I am going to need to go to the pharmacy to get a bunch of painkillers after I leave. 

The other little surprise in the paper work that I was super confused about is that I need to look online to hire a personal nurse to come visit me at my house for the next 5 days.  I’ve had a tube with a bunch of yummy excess liquids sticking out of me for the past week.  They finally pulled the tube out yesterday.  I watched the whole thing and quickly realized why I decided to stop pursuing the medical field.  Studying the body is super interesting but when it comes to getting down and dirty I get super queasy.  Anyways, I now have the website for that so hopefully I can scrape together enough French explain the situation to a private nurse and come up with a schedule for her to visit.  Wish me luck for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment