Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Two Visitors and Crepes Galore

It’s been a strange two weeks for me.  I went from not being able to walk or get out of bed, to being exhausted from a mere walk around town, to almost being normal.  When Kaitlyn was visiting me, I was not in the best of shape.  After we went for that walk downtown, I was exhausted.  It knocked me out for the whole next day!  I am so thankful she was there for that really challenging part of my recovery.  It was the most frustrating point thus far because I felt like I could conquer the world after I got out of the hospital but soon realized that was not the case.  I couldn’t even conquer a trip downtown!  It was super annoying and I had some major lapses of missing home and my family’s constant support.  Thank God she was there every step of the way.


After Kaitlyn, came Macy.  Really, how do I have such incredible friends?!?!  Lucky Macy, got to see me in a better state than Kaitlyn.  Now, my scars are healing nicely – some of the scabs are even peeling off!  The pain is much less frequent, I am not nearly as tired, and the hole where the drain was is closing.  Now, the only major inconveniences is the fact that I avoid wearing anything other than tights and skirts, my stomach randomly hurts, I have to be super careful to avoid being hit on the right side, and a private nurse visits me every day to check the hole where the drain was.

beautiful leaves and beautiful macy
The first full day with Macy (Thursday), we spent the whole afternoon downtown shopping and wandering around.  We had so many crepes that day.  I had am egg and mushroom crepe for lunch and a chocolate crepe for dessert.  Then we came home and Nicole’s daughter made us 3 mini crepes with apricot jam and tea for a snack.  Then for dessert that night we had a HUGE pile of crepes that we didn’t even get close to finishing.  Seriously, crepes galore!  Then we got to relax for the rest of the evening.  We watched Macy’s favorite movie, drank some wine, and skyped with Amilia.  So nice!
dessert crepes prep work
crepes - round 3 avec du thé





No comments:

Post a Comment