Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ma cherie

Every day, I look forward to dinner at my house.  Literally ever night, Nicole somehow makes my night.  She is just so funny.  She gets so excited about things and makes all kinds of hilarious comments.  Tonight she insisted on drawing a tomato plant to describe the parts to me.  She also made fun of Elliot because he said Je suis plein – attempting to say I am full.  Apparently this is used when you are full on alcohol.  Je suis rassasrié means full on food.  It was great. 

Another highlight – I’ve moved up in status.  She whipped out ma cherie – a term of endearment!  Score!  We’re becoming BFFs and it’s wonderful. 

I had my favorite class so far today.  The subject:  French and francophone literature.  I am so ignorant in everything to do with France.  I am excited to read classic French literature and learn more about the history and how literature reflects it. 

I was also super excited to discuss the different components of literature in French during class and actually understand everything.  I can already see how my comprehension is improving – initially I couldn’t even recognize the words I did know.  Now I can recognize sentence after sentence of words and take notes.  I can’t wait to get in the groove of things and sit at a café and look through my notes to study!

Molly and I wrote on each others’ legs during class.  It was très amusant.  Here is a sample of what is on my leg.  On hers are a couple of unicorns.  NBD.  Also, she bravely chatted it up with a French guy who was using a taut line, thanks to Elita's aide :).  Here she is trying it out.  Brave little Molly.  I’m glad she and Elita are coming to Chamonix on Saturday and am pumped to go hiking with Molly on Sunday.  We’re hoping to also go see Harry Potter 7 at the theaters sometime this week and go to an athletic club fair this afternoon.  So fun!

One more random thought: The mountains make me happy every day.  For the whole hour commute to class I just look out the window, jam out, and think about the mountains.  They are just amazing.  They are so varied in their appearance.  There are rock cliffs, trees, little villages, odd peaks.  Sometimes the clouds are in the middle of them or right in front or half and half.  Sometimes it’s a clear day and you can see the details perfectly.  Every day it is different and every day I am in awe of their beauty. Below are all photos I took from the bus on the way to class this past week.

Also, jitterbug played on the tram the other day.  Made me laugh.

Doooooodles

Molly's bravery

Mountains, Mountains, and More Mountains!



No comments:

Post a Comment